Early Access Membership
If you’re seeing this message, you have the chance to be one of the first members of London’s Thing Library!
We have not advertised publicly that we are offering memberships as of April 2022, and we are limiting our initial intake to no more than 100 members before closing to new memberships.
Please take a look at our current inventory to see what we have and whether they are things that you would like to borrow. We will be increasing our inventory steadily over time.
As we are just starting out and we appreciate you being one of the early adopters of the Thing Library, it is our pleasure to offer our first 100 members 3 free months membership: 15 months for the price of 12.
How membership works
- Members pay an annual Membership Fee:
- $60 - Standard Membership
- $120 - Sustainer
- $30 - Low-Income Membership
- Only members may borrow things from the Thing Library. There is no additional fee to borrow things.
- Members may borrow up to 4 things at a time (8 things for Sustainers), for up to 7 days.
- If you’re done with your thing, please return it sooner than 7 days, so that somebody else can borrow it
- If nobody else has reserved your thing, you can renew it online for another 7 days.
- We charge late fees of $1 per item per day (which currently means $3 per week, because the library is only open 3 days per week)
How to get started borrowing items
The Thing Library uses a library management system called MyTurn to sign up members and manage the borrowing of things. To become a member of the Thing Library and start borrowing things, follow these instructions:
- First, go to the Thing Library MyTurn site to set up your account.
- Click on Create Account and follow the prompts to set up your account. Once you have entered all your account information read and accept the borrower's policy and then submit.
- Read and sign the liability waiver
- Choose your membership type.
- You can now search inventory or click on “inventory” to see what is available to check out. Please “Reserve your item” by selecting a day that works best for you. Make sure you come on the day you selected as we can only hold your item for 7 days.
Picking up your things
The Thing Library is located at 206 Piccadilly St, London, ON, N6A 1S1. Enter through Reimagine Co (downtown London’s package-free, plant-based grocery store), let a staff member know you’re there for the Thing Library, and go to the very back of the store, where the Thing Library is located.
The Thing Library’s current openings hours are:
Wednesdays 10 am - 2 pm
Fridays 10 am - 2 pm
Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm
We intend to extend these hours this summer, once we have welcomed more
When you are finished with your things
- Please make sure you clean your item and bring it back during opening hours.
- You can renew your things for free using the MyTurn website as long as no other member has reserved it. If you return your item late, we charge a $1 per day late fee.
Thank you for being part of this exciting opportunity to help us grow our sharing economy in London. If you have any questions about the Thing Library, please email firstname.lastname@example.org